The Houston Show Choir “Music in Motion” summer program will provide fun and age-appropriate song and dance education by qualified teachers using a different theme each week, and a family & friends performance each Thursday.
Monday May 20, 2019– “On Time” Registration Deadline ($100 Deposit Due)
Monday June 3, 2019– Remaining Balance Due (regardless of participating week)
LOCATION: Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School, 901 Sue Barnett Dr, Houston, TX 77018
THREE WEEKS OFFERED (Mon-Thurs): June 3-6, 2019 / June 10-13, 2019 / June 17-20, 2019
9am – 4pm each day with free lunch provided.
Each week has a different theme.
Week 1: Disney; Week 2: Heroes & Villains; Week 3: 70s/80s/90s
Additional before- and after-camp childcare is available at the school (for additional cost).
BEFORE AND AFTER CAMP CHILDCARE OPTIONS: 1. $45 per week for Before and After Music in Motion camp times (CODE: BACC45Z) 2. $30 per week for mornings only (7AM-9AM; CODE: BCC30Z) OR afternoons only (4PM-6PM; CODE: ACC30Z) 3. Sign up at http://www.zenithlearning.org/summer-camp/
GRADE LEVEL for 2019-2020 school year: K-8, divided into three class levels based on enrollment. School vaccination records required.
COST: $175 per student per week, with discounts available for siblings or multiple bookings.
Use the form below if you have questions before registering.
1. What is check-in time if I’m not using the Zenith before- and after-care? Is there a window of time? Check-in is from 8:45am each morning. Attendees who arrive earlier than this will need to be booked in to Zenith before-camp care.
2. What if I am running late? Is there a number I should call? Please call the camp phone on 713-487-5240.
3. Where is check-in? The check-in desk will be inside the door of the school gym. Please follow our Houston Show Choir signs!
4. Must children be accompanied by a parent for check-in or can they be dropped off in the driveway? Children 10 years and older may be dropped off in the driveway after Day 1. Children under 10 years old without an older sibling must be signed in by parents or guardians.
5. What extra paperwork must I bring/sign on the first day? Any medications should be clearly labelled with your child’s name, dosage and times, and handed to the sign-in desk at check-in.
6. What food is provided? What food should I supply for my child? Are there restrictions on what may be brought onto campus? You need to pack snacks and a water bottle for your child. Lunch will be provided at the school. Please do not pack any food containing peanuts. Fruit is preferable as a high-energy snack. The Garden Oaks Montessori lunch menu is available here: https://www.schoolcafe.com/HOUSTONISD.
7. What time is the lunch break? 12:30 to 1:15pm daily (see schedule below).
8. Do you provide water for the campers? Campers will have access to water to refill their own water bottles.
9. What should my child wear? Your child should wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing for being active. You may wish to pack a spare set of clothes in your child’s backpack in case of emergency.
10. What time is pick-up if I’m not using the Zenith before- and after-care? Is there a window of time? Pick up time is 4pm. At 4:15pm, students who have not been collected will be sent to Zenith after-camp care and parents will need to pay for the service.
11. Tell me about the end-of-camp show — when/where? End-of-camp show will be held in the school gym from 3:30 to 4pm on the Thursday of each camp week. All family and friends are welcome to attend! The concert is free of charge for the audience. Camp attendees will need to wear their official camp shirt for the performance.
12. May I publish photos of the camp production online? Please refrain from posting photographs of other children online. You may “like” our Houston Show Choir Facebook page for access to official camp photos.
13. What is the Daily Agenda/ Schedule for the camp? Please see below.
14. My child is diabetic. How can they check their insulin levels and take a snack? Children with special dietary or health requirements will be catered for on an individual basis. Please provide us with a written daily schedule at check-in so that we can ensure insulin checks are done at the correct times.
15. Drop off and Pick up Procedures? All campers must be dropped off and picked up in the designated zone outside the school gym.
Daily Schedule for Camp: