Show Choir Summer Program for 1-8
The Houston Show Choir Music in Motion summer program will provide fun and age-appropriate song and dance education by qualified teachers using a different theme each week, and a family & friends performance each Thursday. Children qualify for this camp if they are rising Grades 1-8 (for the 2020-2021 school year). Tuition for this camp is $225 per week and families enrolling multiple children will be awarded a sibling discount of $10 per additional child.
AND INTRODUCING A NEW OPTION:
Show Choir Summer Program for K-1
Based on enrollment, we hope to offer a ½ day option for our “little performers” in rising grades Kindergarten and First Grade. Parents of First Graders will be able to choose which camp is more appropriate for their child. K-1 Camp will be from 9AM-12PM Monday to Thursday weekly and will be catered to the needs of a younger student to allow for more play and breaks. Tuition for this camp is $120 per week and does not qualify for a sibling discount.
Items you will need to complete registration: your contact information, an additional emergency contact, student names/ages, t-shirt sizes, brief medical history, physician & dentist contact information and an image (JPEGl/IMAGE/PDF) of your child’s shot records (per HISD policy).
If you have already registered with us from last summer, you will be able to log-in to your previous account. You will only need to register (add) any new children to your account.
Week 1 – Songs From Television (Disney songs, TV theme songs and Jingles)
Week 2 – Songs from the Movies
Week 3 – Country Music
Week 4 – Summer
Monday May 25, 2020– “On Time” Registration Deadline (minimum of $100 Deposit Due)
Tuesday May 26, 2020- $25 “Late” Registration Fee Added
Monday June 1, 2020– Remaining Balance Due (regardless of participating week)
Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School, 901 Sue Barnett Dr, Houston, TX 77018; and
Grace Community Church, 1021 Campbell Rd, Houston, TX 77055
FOUR WEEKS OFFERED (Mon-Thurs):
June 1-4, 2020 Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School, 901 Sue Barnett Dr, Houston, TX 77018
June 8-11, 2020 Garden Oaks Montessori Magnet School, 901 Sue Barnett Dr, Houston, TX 77018
June 15-18, 2020 [PENDING]
June 22-26, 2020 Grace Community Church, 1021 Campbell Rd, Houston, TX 77055
Camps hours are 9am – 4pm each day with free lunch provided.
At this time, additional before- and after-camp childcare is available for Weeks 1 and 2 at GOMM (for additional cost). More information on registrations for this program (Zenith Learning Program) will be distributed when it becomes available later this Spring. Information regarding a similar program at Grace Community Church (GCC) is pending.
Use the FAQ form below for helpful information you will need before registering.
- What is check-in time if I’m not using the Zenith before- and after-care? Is there a window of time? Check-in begins at 8:45am each morning. Attendees who arrive earlier than this will need to be booked in to Zenith before-camp care.
- What if I am running late? Is there a number I should call? Please call the camp phone line at 713-487-5240.
- Where is check-in? At Garden Oaks, the check-in desk will be inside the door of the school gym. Grace Community Check in will be at the front doors. Please follow our Houston Show Choir signs!
- Must children be accompanied by a parent for check-in or can they be dropped off in the driveway? Children 10 years and older may be dropped off in the driveway after Day 1. Children under 10 years old without an older sibling must be signed in by parents or guardians.
- What extra paperwork must I bring/sign on the first day? Any medications should be clearly labelled with your child’s name, dosage and times, and handed to the sign-in desk at check-in.
- What food is provided? What food should I supply for my child? Are there restrictions on what may be brought onto campus? You need to pack snacks and a water bottle for your child as our fun burns off a lot of calories and we need to recharge! Lunch will be provided at the school. Please do not pack any food containing peanuts in the case there may be an airborne nut allergy. Fruit is preferable as a high-energy snack.
- What time is the lunch break? 12:30 to 1:15pm daily (see schedule below).
- Do you provide water for the campers? Campers will have access to water to refill their own water bottles.
- What should my child wear? Your child should wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing for being active. You may wish to pack a spare set of clothes in your child’s backpack in case of emergency.
- What time is pick-up if I’m not using the Zenith before- and after-care? Is there a window of time? Pick up time is 4pm. At 4:15pm, students who have not been collected will be sent to Zenith after-camp care and parents will need to pay for the service. Comparatively, for the week(s) we are at Grace Community Church, parents will be charged a similar fee for tardiness as no Zenith camp is available.
- Tell me about the end-of-camp show — when/where? End-of-camp show will be held in the school gym and church sanctuary from 3:30 to 4pm on the Thursday of each camp week. All family and friends are welcome to attend! The concert is free of charge for the audience. Camp attendees will need to wear their official camp shirt for the performance.
- May I publish photos of the camp production online? Please refrain from posting photographs of other children online. You may “like” our Houston Show Choir Facebook page for access to official camp photos.
- What is the Daily Agenda/ Schedule for the camp? Please see below.
- My child is diabetic. How can they check their insulin levels and take a snack? Children with special dietary or health requirements will be catered for on an individual basis. Please provide us with a written daily schedule at check-in so that we can ensure insulin checks are done at the correct times.
- Drop off and Pick up Procedures? All campers must be dropped off and picked up in the designated zone outside the school gym and church.
Daily Schedule for Camp*:
- 9AM-9:30AM- Arrival/ Check In/ Vocal and Physical Warm Up
- 9:30AM-10:15AM- Vocal Session #1
- 10:15AM-10:30AM- Break
- 10:30AM-11:15AM- Choreography Session #1
- 11:15AM-12PM- LUNCH
- 12PM-12:45PM- Play time
- 12:45PM-1:30PM- Focus session
- 1:30PM-2PM- Vocal/ Choreo Session #1
- 2PM-2:15PM- Break
- 2:15PM-2:45PM- Participate in ZENITH Party Time
- 2:45PM-3:45PM- Vocal/ Choreo Session #2
- 3:45PM-4PM- Announcements/ Dismissal
^^On Thursdays End of Week Performance will begin at 3:30PM (@ GYM)
*Schedule subject to change based on needs/location
See what fun we had at the 2019 Summer Camps…
Write to us using the form below if you would like more information about the Houston Show Choir Summer Program, or to be notified when 2020 registrations are opened.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Interested in applying to be a camp teacher for our fantastic program? We want to hear from you! Applications are now open for staff.
Please see the job descriptions here.
The application form is available here: Summer Camp Teaching and Operational Staff Application form.
Applications for employment can be emailed to email@example.com.