Join Houston Show Choir for a Cabaret Night with an Australian twist. Enjoy musical entertainment, fun games, a “chance” auction, appetizers, and two drink tickets with each registration. The entertainment will feature Houston Show Choir singers doing what they do best – performing! You’ll hear selections from several popular shows such as The Greatest Showman, Hamilton, Waitress, Rent, Jekyll & Hyde, Chicago, Les Misérables, Little Shop of Horrors, Wicked, and more.
Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 5-8pm
Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church
2025 W 11th Street, Houston TX 77008
- Early-bird registration, available until October 7: $30/person
- Full-price registration, available October 8-12 or until the event is sold out: $40/person
- VIP table with reserved seating for eight: $350
- Open to ages 18 and older
- Dress code: Casual cocktail
Proceeds from the Houston Show Choir Cabaret Night will help to develop our rehearsal facilities and enhance our musical service to the Houston area. Please join us!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will there be seating other than the VIP tables?
- Yes, there will be some unassigned seating scattered throughout the event space. Think of it like a cocktail party — we encourage you to move around.
- What if I want more than two drinks?
- Each registration comes with two drink tickets that can be exchanged for wine, beer, or soft drinks. There is no option to purchase additional drinks/drink tickets. Small bottles of water will be available without requiring a drink ticket.
- Where Is the parking? Is it free? Are there any handicapped spaces?
- There is a large (free) parking lot on the west side of the building (to the right when viewing the front of the building), with just a short walk to the entrance. A limited number of handicapped parking spaces are available close to the building.
- How does the Chance Auction work?
- Auction Tickets are available to buy for $5 each. Buy as many as you can to increase your chances of winning! Place one half of each of your tickets in the collection bucket for the item(s) you would like to win. Keep the other half of your tickets safely with you! When the winners are drawn, the winning ticket numbers will be announced. Must be present to win.
- How does the passport game work?
- When you check-in at registration, you will be given a passport. There is a game at the event with eight Australia-themed challenge stations. For each challenge you complete you’ll get a stamp in your passport and once your passport is filled, you will be given a Chance Auction ticket to bid for whichever item you want. Early finishers will also win additional prizes.
- What are you raising funds for?
- Houston Show Choir is saving up to buy portable rehearsal mirrors. We hope that proceeds from the Cabaret event will pay for those to make our choreography practice even more epic, and to save money that we would otherwise use for renting dance studios. Please be generous with your Auction Ticket purchases!
- What is the dress code?
- We’re calling it “casual cocktail”. Be comfortable.
- What foods are you offering?
- We will have light “grab-and-go finger food” appetizers available, such as chips, cheese & crackers, cookies, and brownies.
- What is the timeline for the evening?
- Event doors open at 5:00 p.m., First performance set begins at 5:30 p.m., Door prizes throughout the evening, Chance Auction drawing at 7:45 p.m. (must be present to win); Event concludes at 8:00 p.m.
- What do I do when I first arrive at the cabaret?
- Check in at the registration table so that we can give you your drink tickets and get you oriented. If you are under the age of 21, please pick up a green wrist band at registration.